Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jags and LOTS of empty seats. My take.

October 16, 2017 04:55AM
When Jacksonville first got the Jags, The Jags / NFL screwed........And I mean TOTALLY SCREWED over the REAL fan base of Jacksonville. The NFL / Jags got greedy and fed off the honey moon euphoria. To get season tickets, you had to put down a MINIMUM of $900 and sign a three year contract. So anyone wanting season tickets AT ALL, had to dish out over $3000 . Lots of high society / socialites gobbled them up (But they are a microbe of the REAL football fans. The blue collar / RABID fans were screwed. When Jags were winning in the late 90s, I'd see MANY empty seats in the club sections and many fans sitting on their hands. All the while, sports bars and house parties had REAL fans raising hell and making noise. The fans that would be there if it was 100 degrees and humid.

AFTER the Jags started losing, only THEN did the Jags play nice with the REAL fans. The old USFL / Jacksonville Bulls was VERY fan friendly. To this day, 32 years later, the LOUDEST I have ever heard the stadium here. The fans are here. Always have been.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Jags and LOTS of empty seats. My take.

Ramgator377October 16, 2017 04:55AM

Also, I won't go there too deep but....

Ramgator187October 16, 2017 04:58AM