Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Passing yards per game

August 22, 2017 10:32AM
Last year Keenum finished the 28th out of 40 QBs in yard/game at 220. Goff was 39th at 156. An average of 250 would be at 17th-18th (middle of the pack for starters). I have to assume that this year Goff can do better than Keenum did last year. So if we pencil Goff in for: a) 225 yards a game average (5 more per game than Keenum averaged and 80 yards more over the course of a full season) and b) a full year (not a given based on injuries), Goff would end up with 3600 yards over the season. Note many QBs don't play a full 16 game season so maybe the 3600 total passing yards is a bit high. However, a 225 yd/gm rate would still have finished 28th in the league last year. As I think the team will be better at sustaining drives and thus fewer 3 and outs and more offensive plays, even if Goff does not play great I think he can average 240 a game. That would have ranked him 21st in the league last year and just ahead of where Wentz finished last year (236 yards/game). An average of 240 yards/game would translate to 3840 yards over the season. Whereas I think that total number seems high, shooting for the bottom of the second third of starting QBs in yards/game does not seem to be a pie in the sky proposal.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Passing yards per game

The Professor352August 22, 2017 10:32AM