Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

it's just scare quotes so-called

June 03, 2017 11:56AM
NewMexicoRam
Why did you put "slam all coaches" in quotation marks? I didn't say that.
C'mon zn. The former players, who by the way played at championship level, said they like what the new staff is doing with the young players. I'm happy about that. None of us on this board played NFL at that level, or coached at that level, so to nit-pick about who says what or knows what doesn't get it done in my book. I'm ready for winning football again in LA, aren't you?

Your post is right there, people know you didn't say that. That's me using "scare quotes" which more or less means "so to speak". Maybe that's not a good habit ("scare quotes" I mean) but that's all it was.

And of course I agree on the new staff, which I have praised before. That was good to listen to. I already said more than once that it's good to hear again from these guys.

In terms of jocks speaking out? Well they are as subject to scrutiny as anyone who speaks in the media (which is what they were doing.) If it were true that every ex-jock offered nothing but wisdom, then, broadcasts and sports shows on tv and radio would all be better than they are. No being an ex-jock guarantees nothing. You don't just absorb it, you also scrutinize it. Not all of it is wisdom or insight. Sometimes, it's not. The logical fallacy relevant to this is "argument by authority." Just because someone is a recognized authority doesn't mean they automatically speak truth and wisdom. They too have to pass the test. Just like every other media person. Do they? Well I liked Everett and Slater. I always have, actually. They have good heads on their shoulders I think. Doesn't mean I take them as gospel, but then I rarely take ANYONE as gospel.

Either way that's not a real issue here. They are enthusiastic about the new staff, which is kind of a given---they have a former offensive coordinator as a qb coach and a head coach so red hot he got hired at 31, and they have Kromer, and they have Phillips and the DL coach Johnson. I have never been anything but positive about this staff.

Of course everyone wants winning football for the Rams. Doesn't mean I want to keep hearing questionable and hyperbolic shots at the old staff, which included a number of good coaches too. Heck I couldn't stand Linehan but I shut up about it (for the most part, lol) after they canned him. (Now and then across the years I mention I couldn't stand him.)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Slater and Everett with Dani (vid)

Rampage2K-539June 02, 2017 01:06PM

+1.....

Arkansas Ram218June 03, 2017 07:02AM

Again, a hint that the previous coaches fell short

NewMexicoRam249June 03, 2017 07:17AM

Re: Again, a hint that the previous coaches fell short

zn221June 03, 2017 09:08AM

Re: Again, a hint that the previous coaches fell short

NewMexicoRam183June 03, 2017 10:24AM

it's just scare quotes so-called