Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Goff 'excited' about what's new -- coaches, players, offense

May 23, 2017 04:02AM
Rams QB Jared Goff 'excited' about what's new -- coaches, players, offense

Alden Gonzalez

THOUSAND OAKS, Calif. -- The Los Angeles Rams' offseason, in many ways, has been about providing Jared Goff with a new, better -- they hope -- supporting cast. He got an offensive-minded head coach in Sean McVay, who brought in two assistants, offensive coordinator Matt LaFleur and quarterbacks coach Greg Olson, with extensive experience working with Goff's position. The Rams then splurged on a new left tackle, Andrew Whitworth, and added a new center, John Sullivan. They brought in a reliable receiver, Robert Woods, and a pass-catching running back, Lance Dunbar. And they drafted three new weapons within their first four picks: tight end Gerald Everett, slot receiver Cooper Kupp and deep threat Josh Reynolds.

"I was excited about it," Goff, speaking at the start of the Rams' organized team activities on Monday, said about the new additions. "From Robert to Whitworth to Sullivan, to all of the guys that we drafted, it’s been really exciting to see. Exciting to see where their mentality is, and more than anything, I think they got some high-character guys in here, especially those guys I named that we signed, with Whitworth and Sullivan and Robert. Just some veteran guys that know what they’re doing and can not only help me but can help everyone around them.”

Read Complete Article
[www.espn.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Goff 'excited' about what's new -- coaches, players, offense

RamBill450May 23, 2017 04:02AM

Couple of thoughts about carrying only 2 QB's in OTA's...

Rams43172May 23, 2017 05:35AM