Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: The most appealing camp battles on both sides of the ball...

May 15, 2017 09:24AM
I agree. I do think that Kupp pushes to be in that Austin spot. All the "experts" say he is strictly slot. I don't think I have to buy that. He's smart, and I do expect him to be effective.

Mike Thomas vs Bradley Marquez
This makes for a real competitive atmosphere, and it probably doesn't play out at WR. It plays out on special teams.
I am not going to utterly discount Nelson Spruce. Spruce may not be the special teams guy, but wouldn't surprise me if he and Mannion have a special gift with finding a rhythm. Spruce has got those fly paper mitts, too. Expect some noise from Nelson during 4th quarter preseason games when he Mannion have opportunities. Even if Spruce doesn't make the active, he'd be wisely placed on PS.
As much as I lamented Thomas' gaffs last year, he does have a higher ceiling than Marquez.

Marqui Christian
Brian Randolph

Good fun. Marqui may not make the cut. There were times he looked like he belonged. And then......there weren't. How far along in rehab is Randolph?

All those cornerbacks.
It's a great question, and I'm not sure we see it play out in preseason games. He may just get decided in practices, who can stay healthy, and who makes mistakes. Right off the bat Troy Hill makes the mistake. Not sure he'll even get a chance to make up for it. Hill started off well, then got waxed. Or that's my memory of him. Lots of bodies to sort through.

Last CB Spot(s): Mike Jordan vs. Troy Hill vs. Aarion Penton vs. Blake Countess vs. Kevin Peterson vs. Jared Collins

Same thing with up top applies, the Rams have plenty of tryout players and one of them could likely be an undersized and underrated stud William Likely, but for now here are the ones signed to the roster. Another tight battle, but I think it's really only between Mike Jordan and Troy Hill. While Blake Countess was impressive at times last season, you can't forget that the Rams have two players that bring exactly what he does to the table as that small, but hard hitting nickel cornerback. I think with both Hill and Jordan having the experience in the regular season and on the outside covering talented NFL wide receivers. It's between them to win the job. I think Mike Jordan has the biggest upside out of everyone listed and I think he makes it over Hill, but the Rams don't even need to cut Hill due to his suspension. They can leave Hill on the suspended list and keep Jordan as the last and fifth cornerback.

Predicted winner: Mike Jordan

What are your thoughts Rams fans? Agree? Disagree? Let us know![/quote]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The most appealing camp battles on both sides of the ball...

Rams43836May 15, 2017 08:44AM

leafnose406May 15, 2017 09:24AM

Rams43297May 15, 2017 09:57AM

Hollywood Ram281May 15, 2017 01:12PM

Rams43255May 15, 2017 02:33PM

Hollywood Ram234May 15, 2017 04:17PM

I'm rooting for Shippen

reggae247May 15, 2017 02:26PM