Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

LaFleur Impressed with Goff's Accuracy, Leadership

May 12, 2017 04:50PM

By Myles Simmons

This weekend’s practices are for the rookies and tryout players, but there was one observing veteran who made an impression.

A year ago quarterback Jared Goff was participating in rookie minicamp. Today he stood outside the team’s weight room during the morning session, watching all that was happening on the field.

It was a sign of leadership that Goff’s coaches and newest teammates certainly noticed.

“I think that encourages those guys that are coming in,” offensive coordinator Matt LaFleur said. “I love it, that he’s around. I don’t think, if you go around the league, you’re going to find too many teams where the starting quarterback is sitting there watching these rookies in their rookie minicamp. I know he’s excited about some of the pieces we’ve added. I think it’s great for us, as an organization.”

“This isn’t the first time I’ve seen Jared around,” wide receiver Cooper Kupp said. “I worked out with him in during this draft process. And it was very clear the tenacity he has, and the desire he has to win. And that’s going to show. It just so happens that there’s people here to see it, but that’s something that’s going to be going on when there’s no cameras here.”

But more than that, LaFleur said he’s been impressed with how quickly Goff has picked up the new scheme since the start of the offseason program.

Read Complete Article
[www.therams.com]
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

RamBill653May 12, 2017 04:50PM

Accuracy?

RFIP340May 12, 2017 05:03PM

Re: Accuracy?

RamsFanSince69250May 13, 2017 01:14PM

Rams OC Matt LaFleur Rookie Minicamp Press Conference

RamBill379May 12, 2017 05:33PM