Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Foles is a good touchstone for how bad Rams QB situation was

February 14, 2017 01:31AM
Let's look at Nick Foles.

He has a near record setting year at Philly. The next year comes down to earth, but is still good in Philly (many Oline and WR injuries).
Comes to Rams, the bottom falls out and he looks lost and like he doesn't belong in the NFL.
Is cut, Rams eat $12 mil, goes to Chiefs as a back-up and plays in 3 games, starting 1. Results? 105 QBR, 65% pass completion.

This is why Goff gets FAR more than the benefit of the doubt from me. I think if Fisher and his bunch of Kindergarten Koaches don't get fired, Goff is ruined forever. The good news is that Goff wasn't injured and have to spend an offseason rehabbing. And, he doesn't have to have nightmares knowing he was going back to the same lame HC and same lame system. Rather he has some real, experienced, successful NFL QB gurus and offense system guys now to teach him the NFL game, put together an adult offense, and help him succeed. And he is mentally tough and doesn't have the abused puppy mentality.

I don't even believe that our Oline players are quite as bad as they looked, nor is Tavon a bust, nor is Gurley a bust. I'm not sure exactly what they are, but until McVay and his offensive brain trust get hold of these guys, none of them had a snowball's chance in hades of succeeding with Fisher at the helm.

As I pointed out in an earlier post, name me ONE offensive player that developed during Fishers tenure with the Rams. It was a place where offensive players are drafted or picked up FA and they go to die.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Olson article on Goff

CROMWELL211090February 13, 2017 06:49AM

Too many things working against Goff

CROMWELL21503February 13, 2017 06:51AM

Re: Too many things working against Goff

leafnose403February 13, 2017 05:19PM

Re: Too many things working against Goff

VANRAM387February 13, 2017 09:04PM

Foles is a good touchstone for how bad Rams QB situation was

RockRam424February 14, 2017 01:31AM

Re: I am with you RockRam..........