Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: curious

January 19, 2017 03:53AM
mentioned before that an analysis I was listening too about Bortles was very informative.

the guys on radio were breaking down Blake's progress 2 years ago. That he was coached up, and that his protections were better, and it's been too long now, but there was a key efficiency.....might have been their running game, and that Bortles form held up through it all. His improved drops, ball position, release; All that stuff that pro coaches have to get a young QB to acquire in the nfl, Blake was performing

Then, this last season, things didn't go so well. Again, been too long, but they were pointing at his protections, and other components, and that Blake was breaking down and reverting to old habits, and with that things disintegrated. Wish I'd retained more from that program about the situation, because they did such a fine job of it; moreover, they related it to how other young qbs around the nfl perish or blossom based on their ability to attain pro assets.

how this relates to Jared Goff holds a lot of importance.
I will not readily forget his opening salvos during the preseason. his first toss; an interception. then a stupid sack fumble. a whole series of unfortunate results.
not to say there weren't some finer moments. then his cast around him broke down so, so, so bad.

the drops, the ol, Gurley, the drops, the flags at the most inopportune times.
in my world, until they fix that running game all bets are off. few will survive with a lesser line, and no running game.

the new QB coach has his work cut out for him. and I welcome the guy warmly. come on down.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Derek Carr reveals why Greg Olson was right hire for Jaguars (Feb 2015)

RamBill797January 18, 2017 09:09PM

Nice article! As always, thanks for posting!

Ramadune285January 18, 2017 10:36PM

leafnose267January 19, 2017 03:53AM

Re:Well, McVay is putting together an experienced staff....

oldschoolramfan255January 19, 2017 10:02AM

Re: Re:Well, McVay is putting together an experienced staff....

bigjimram21171January 19, 2017 01:26PM

Ramadune240January 19, 2017 02:07PM

this is a great hire....

Rampage2K-264January 19, 2017 01:10PM