Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A few observations from the lower deck by DCH...

December 05, 2016 12:21PM
Here's DCH...

Goff has talent to work with - he should have been sacked way more than 4 times. His scrambling ability is going to help him a lot as the Rams' offense grows. That said, he's a rookie, and he played like one against a complex defense designed to confuse him. But he would have performed much better if not for:

Kenny Britt. Holy hell. The season he's been having, I did NOT expect him to completely stink up the joint. Snagging a bomb against the Pats' second stringers doesn't really make up for the fact that he killed - singlehandedly - a lot of drives early in the game when the Rams needed to keep the offense on the field and the D on the sideline.

Honorable mention to Kendricks, who is solely responsible for Goff's first INT of the day.

Higbee looked pretty big, fast and catch-y when they tried to get him the ball. I don't know if the OC knows how to use him, but he does pass the eyeball test as a weapon at TE.

Gurley seems lost, and part of that is a lack of opportunities. Last year, even when he was averaging 3-ish YPC, he was being fed the ball, was breaking tackles (he did a bit of that yesterday), and was good to rip off a 40+ yarder at any point in time. Blocking was bad, and he's not as hard to tackle as he was, but he's also not getting enough carries to wear down a front seven and rip off a biggie. Also, the Patriots gave the Rams' passing game zero respect, threw delayed blitzes and run blitzes and dared Goff and the passing game to beat them.

The Rams' D looked really good, aside from the long Blount run. They held the Pats to 3 on many drives, and you could tell from the stands that they were getting worn down and pissed off as the game wore on.

McDonald might have been the best player on either defensive unit. He flew all over the place, made big hits (that involved actually tackling the ballcarrier) and seemed to be a factor against the pass. You need to re-sign him. Alexander is good; McD looked like a game-changer.

I kept hearing Michael Jordan's name called over the PA, for good things - defending a pass, making a tackle. He looked decent out there, and the Pats were unable to get any long passes completed as the game went along.

Johnny Hekker is the best punter I've ever seen play the game of football.

Quick showed up a couple times. His catch (that was initially called not a catch) was SICK, and when we were watching the replay, we all agreed - damn, it was a catch, and what a catch at that.

Cooper doesn't seem to bring much, but he didn't get used much, so the jury is out.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A few observations from the lower deck by DCH...

Rams43609December 05, 2016 12:21PM

Re: Thanks, 43

leafnose295December 05, 2016 05:49PM

Spruce and Higbee

LMU93245December 06, 2016 04:26AM