Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ED Meltdown

November 29, 2016 09:07AM
Relax, we have seen this before. I love Eric Dickerson as a player he was exciting and fun to watch. But we have seen him meltdown before, back in 89 he held out for more money....which he deserved. Shaw was notoriously cheap but was able to sign Dickerson to a contract. Dickerson came back was still fuming about the money...even though he signed a contract... told Robinson to run ball....
result was he got traded.
Now he wants the best of both worlds, he wants to be remembered as great Ram...as he was, but he wants to criticize the organization and still get benefits like sideline privileges. What type of world do we live in that people can't understand business the way it really is. Do you think for a minute you could publicly criticize your employer, or past employer and then expect to get privileges not available to the public from the employer or past employer....of course not!
Cause that is not business the way it really is. If you want privileges, don't criticize the owner/coaches and players. Pretty simple and not unusual, the media making a big deal of this is utter stupidity on their part. Didn't ESPN recently fire one of their hosts due to his criticism of another NFL franchise. Now they are making a big deal of the Ed situation. Very Hypocritical if you ask me.
Bottom line, even if it happened like ED says, I see nothing wrong with an NFL franchise asking a former player to tone down the criticism before they give him privileges. Ed is just whining and getting a few more minutes of fame. He was nobody to the press until the Rams came back to L.A., now he is suddenly important and his viewpoint is relevant?
When did whining become headlines?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

ED Meltdown

DESERT RAM455November 29, 2016 09:07AM

Re: ED Meltdown

Rams43368November 29, 2016 09:15AM