Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Case has played solidly

October 17, 2016 04:34AM
yesterday the passing game was clicking on all cylinders - It looked the best it has since that stretch in 2014 when Davis went against the Cowboys and Eagles
when statistically the Rams did well but made a enough errors to not win (yesterday was similar to those games in so many ways from the offensive production to the defensive collapse)

I am extremely encouraged by what Britt has done this year and Quick played like a man that is responding to coaching. His urgency on turning up field after several catches are things that we simply haven't seen from him with any consistency.

Back to Case - although he had a great game overall yesterday, he is flawed and limited and unlike most on the board I think his flaws are mental. In the moment when a deviation is required as the play is unfolding and a decision needs to made to break off of that primary and go someplace else ... he has let us down each time.

IMO Goff should be able to do what Keenum is doing after the ball is snapped. Pre-snap sure I get it - Keenum is better than Goff but its after the ball is snapped and plays are unfolding that ultimately I feel Keenum is performing no better than a rookie

That final int yesterday was a rookie throw - there simply was no need to go there and throw that pass

Let me be clear, I don't think Keenum is crap. I think he is the kind of QB that is a placeholder and when the Rams defense is playing well they can win games. Yesterday did not surprise me because he has been showing signs of growth in the weeks leading up to that game.

The week before Case played well - the difference between yesterday and last week is there were no drops (how often can we say that), he had the bad pick 6 against Buffalo (a play were he also predetermined where he was going with the football), and unlike against Buffalo when the Rams neared the redzone yesterday they attacked through the air.

Case's performance means he will remain the starter but I personally have moved on now. 2 Weeks ago against the Cardinals he had a fantastic game and there were 3 plays in that game - 2 dynamic plays by him that were called back by Ram penalties and a deep ball to Tavon that no one thought he could throw that far and just missed. After that game I wanted to see more... since then with Buffalo and now Detroit in the bag I know what Case is. I think that I now have a large enough sample from last years games and this years to clearly know what we have in him

We need to get Goff in there because if Goff is anywhere near what my good friend Saguaro says he is - then the Rams really could be in business as the WRs are finally starting to assert themselves.

Just one mans opinion

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2016 04:56AM by Speed_Kills.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Case

SoCalRAMatic439October 17, 2016 02:10AM

Re: Case

zn343October 17, 2016 03:42AM

Speed_Kills257October 17, 2016 04:34AM

zn185October 17, 2016 04:51AM

see my reply to come on your other post to max nm

Hazlet Hacksaw166October 17, 2016 05:02AM