Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Do you believe in Fisher? If so, why?

October 12, 2016 11:15AM
There's been some strong opinions voiced on this subject.....obviously.

So perhaps a good question to ask is 1) Do you believe in Fisher as the right HC for this team? And 2) do you believe that this team as constituted is a legitimate playoff team?

I'd really like to hear your answers, but especially the WHY. Because while I understand fan homerism, and understand that a team can be your team no matter what, at the same time it's not disloyal to call a spade a spade and look at things as realistically as one can (understanding that, as ZN likes to point out, there's more than one way to look at things).

For me the succinct answer is that 1) I don't believe Fisher is the right HC for this team. And 2) I do not believe that this team as constituted is a legitimate playoff team.

Interestingly, I DO think Fisher was the right guy for the first 3 years to get this team from a Joke to about a .500 team. But when you look at Fisher's long history, you see that he is basically a .500 or less coach in 16 out of 21 years that he was a HC. I think he does this by getting some good mentally tough players and getting them to play a "play not to lose" conservative style that depends on the other team making more mistakes than his team does.

But I also do not think this team as constituted is a playoff team. The defense is OK, but they're not great. The offense is the stumbling block and it usually is with Fisher teams. Unless Goff works out, and until we upgrade our OC, QB coach, and whatever overhaul of the Offensive assistants goes with it; and until we get an HC that wants to be demanding, aggressive and bold on the Offense, this team will wallow around .500 indefinitely.

It's the offense stupid. And with Fisher it always will be. I don't know how much of this is a poor eye for offensive talent, or it is not having the right coaches or philosophy to develop otherwise good players. It's probably a bit of each. Whatever it is, 3 years out of 4, it doesn't work.

That's my take. Would love to hear yours

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2016 11:15AM by RockRam.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Do you believe in Fisher? If so, why?

RockRam427October 12, 2016 11:15AM