Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: backfield, and "You call the play"

October 14, 2016 03:34AM
going back to 4th quarter, and that loused up effort to get a TD.
see, I thought that they called what might have been the right play when they stretched Gurley on the first and goal play to the left. But somewhere in there he fails to turn up field. Worse he loses yardage.

my problem was personnel. And I agree with Alyo. They need to get some key plays called for Malcolm Brown. He's acting more violent, and looking to drive forward in different fashion than Todd. I am not dismissing Todd's work. What I am seeing is a lower center of gravity, and bit more desire to run the open spot, and keying on when to cut north south.

I also think that moving the backfield groupings in the redzone there changes the look. Go I formation first look, move Todd offset right, get Lance in motion from left to right. Pre snap looks like they'll run right, fake to Todd up inside following Lance that direction, and pitch 40 left to Tavon, and let him go outrun the pack to the endzone to the weakside.

I've gone through the myriad of choices again and again to get the ball into the endzone. The batted ball is still haunting there, too. Even running an option play to the right would give some interesting choices. Even considered quick snap, quick give to Harkey up inside out of a jumbo package.

You call the play.......
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

How bout Gurley toss a few passes???

Ramgator455October 11, 2016 10:23AM

Would like it more if he'd rip a 70 yder off

Hazlet Hacksaw255October 11, 2016 11:06AM

Re: backfield, and "You call the play"

leafnose252October 14, 2016 03:34AM