Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

honestly trying to search for something redeemable...

September 13, 2016 03:38AM
I keep trying to think of silver linings or areas of hope and, well, I'm coming up empty. I'm just, wow.... If you'd told me before the game that SF would win I wouldn't be that surprised- they always say take the home 'dog on Monday Night. And Fisher's Rams have almost always started slow. But.....that..... that was not NFL football.

The terrible part is you can't (just) point to the decision to sit Goff. It was a total, complete team goose egg. I'm really, truly embarrassed for the organization this morning. I do get that it's one game and things can change quickly in one week. But the lack of composure, execution, and well, heart was stunning. From top to bottom.

I really do actually believe this team is a lot better than what we saw last night. They can play better- IF they want to. The defense showed that in the 2nd half until that embarrassing, amateur episode with Ogletree and Donald.

But it's time to start Goff. Hate to say it but it is. Go with the rookies on offense- Goff, Higbee, Cooper and Spruce. Plus Gurley obviously. Until then their entire scoring threat- and I don't think I'm exaggerating here- is either hoping Gurley takes one to the house, Austin breaks a punt return, or the defense scores.

I can't believe they handed Austin a $42M extension weeks ago....

Last comment- after The Dark Times of 2007-2011 some of the fun of being a fan was just removed. Maybe for good? I don't get too vested in my NFL team winning and losing anymore. Which is either healthy or sad. Not sure which. But honestly, I'm just not that bothered this morning. It's just "oh well..." for me. Part of me misses the days of a MNF loss sticking with me for days.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rams get a big "A" for awful!

GreatRamNTheSky432September 13, 2016 03:19AM

honestly trying to search for something redeemable...

LMU93259September 13, 2016 03:38AM

Burn the tapes!

GreatRamNTheSky194September 13, 2016 03:42AM