Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blinkscout PS Game 3 recap ...

August 29, 2016 09:52AM
So ... this was our first road game, and for the youngsters, it REALLY showed. I was getting angry about the poor play until I realized it was their first trip on the rtoad as an NFL hopeful for many of them. I relaxed a bit when I figured that part out.

Also? We were playing our 2 vs. their 1s and 3s vs. 2s ... so I don't take the loss as an issue at all.

The Good ...

1) GZ nailing it. I prefer not having to worry about him, and his effort was on point.

2) Ogletree made a few plays out there that showed me why he's playing MLB. His acceleration makes him tough to block ... gotta run right at him to get him blocked, which means you have to run at Donald and Brockers.

3) Longacre should be activated on game day.

4) Easley and Cam T are gonna be well suited backups.

5) Troy HIll should be starting opposite Tru. Period. I can't ignore his play and I'm done with "maybe" level playing. Gaines can get healthy and fight back and Sensabaugh can move around.

6) Our RBs are inspiring.

7) Our O line is cohesive. I LOVE our Guards.

8) Glad Coop reeled that one in.

9) Kendricks looks faster? Anyone else seeing that?

10) Keenum is a great starter prep for Goff. He's clean and precise, and he knows his limitations. Goff will be forced to learn to play as clean ... that's awesome.

11) I trust Britt more now than ever. He's playing savvy.

12) Forrest keeps flashing for me.

13) McRoberts making a case for the 53.

The Bad

14) Joyner, c'mon man, wrap up.

15) Goff's pick ... MT was open on the same side but he didn't come off his primary. That's sleepy QBing.

16) Roberson has not distinguished himself at all.

17) Drops .. seriously. Quick, MT, and then Duke. I can forgive Duke, it was his first opportunity at an away game with TJ Ward closing on him and we ended up getting the first because of the hit he took ... but that's his one.

18) Kush, goodness. Later.

This Thursday should give us a lot to work with. Goff and the kids will show up for a game of "who wants to catch the freaking ball." I wouldn't have thought a position battle would come down to a final PS game for so many kids.

Thoughts and comments welcome .. Ill start my collegiate stuff in the coming weeks too.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout PS Game 3 recap ...

alyoshamucci844August 29, 2016 09:52AM

Re: Blinkscout PS Game 3 recap ...

LMU93454August 29, 2016 10:11AM

5 and 6 spots

Hazlet Hacksaw402August 29, 2016 10:15AM

Nothing to say on D Williams' night?

Saguaro377August 29, 2016 01:17PM

He was saving that for the "Ugly" section

BC Ramsfan366August 29, 2016 01:25PM

My good friend ArizonaRamFan referred to him as a filing cabinet.

Saguaro333August 29, 2016 01:56PM

Re: My good friend ArizonaRamFan referred to him as a filing cabinet.

Ram Fan Teacher445August 29, 2016 02:23PM

Re: Nothing to say on D Williams' night?

alyoshamucci397August 29, 2016 02:47PM

Yep. Well done as always.

RockRam350August 29, 2016 02:01PM