Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thoughts on the game, was there in person and watched DVR'd replay

August 14, 2016 06:58AM
If you know the history of the Rams when they face anything new, the opening kickoff return for a TD by the opponent is actually quite fitting.
I was somewhat expecting a good game by Dallas last night and the Rams to struggle a little and that is what happened.

Considering all the collateral stuff going on with the Rams this season it seemed to me the focus of the team was not quite there to start the game.
It actually improved as the game progressed.

As far as Goff struggling what a bunch of malarkey! He had a couple of catchable balls dropped on him and two protections break down. One which resulted in a hit as he was throwing the ball and caused the ball to float and be intercepted. I don't blame that on Goff.

Pharoh Cooper dropped a beautiful throw by Goff at the five yard line that probably sets it up for a 24-14 score at the half but Cooper dropped a pass he needs to catch if he is to be a pro.

Tavon Austin simply has no hands. The man dropped the easiest pass on a out pattern that would have given the Rams a 1st down in the 2nd quarter last night
He simply is not a great receiver.

Stars of the night:

Sean Mannion of which everybody on this board needs to start taking seriously. This guy can play and he has a great arm. I'm tired of hearing oh he is Nick Foles Junior. No he's not. He's 10 times better then Foles could ever hope to be.

I remember asking the question prior to the trade for Goff "What about Mannion" and several posters here putting him down. Well, are you putting him down now?

Nelson Spruce will be on this team. Count on it right now. What you all saw Spruce do last night he did all through his college career. He is the Pac 12's all-time leading receiver.

Paul McRoberts played a wonderful game last night and also made some big catches.

Tyler Higbee showed he's the best pass catching Tight End on this team.

Bennie Cunningham, Aaron Green and Malcom Brown proved the Rams have great depth at running back.

Ian Seau made one big mistake last night by not finishing the sack on Showers that allowed Showers to escape and hit a big pass. Otherwise Seau
showed he can rush the passer.

Troy Hill will be the other starting CB on this team. Joyner is a joke at CB. Please, Hill is 10 times better. The journeyman CB they got from Tennessee is average at best.

I think the Rams showed they have depth and talent at every position last night despite the slow start against Dallas.

Case Keenum, lets not forget the Starting QB. He was great. Poised, polished smart and I feel very comfortable with Keenum as the starter.

Going to be a fun year.

Grits

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Thoughts on the game, was there in person and watched DVR'd replay Attachments

GreatRamNTheSky670August 14, 2016 06:58AM