Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A Day 4 camp report by 8to12...

August 03, 2016 01:05PM
Here's 8to12...

I made it to Camp yesterday, but made it home a bit late to post here. I was able to record most of the 11-on-11 plays along with some 7-on-7. I will need to get help from some one on how to convert my iphone video to file that can be posted here.

Things I noticed on 8/02 :
- QB warm-ups ; watched Mannion and Goff play catch first at a 12 yard distance and then at a 25 yard distance. Mannion's throws are direct, with a tight spiral. Goff's throws have a little bit more Arc in them and are not as tight. ...just something I noticed
- Tavon was back with the group while Pharoh Cooper watched.
- Punt return drills: Tavon and Chase Reynolds were doing something pretty cool..... they would hold a ball in their hands while waiting for the punted ball to arrived. As the punted ball got close, they would tooss the existing ball in the air, catch the punted ball, spin around and then catch the tossed ball. Reynolds was the only one who did it consistently. All the other guys couldn't even get close.
- Mike Thomas had a good day. He was in with the 2nd team and also got some snaps the 1's. He caught just about everything thrown to him. He looks like he belongs.
- For anyone that thinks Bradley Marquez may not make the team, a glimpse of this practice would definitely change their mind. He is getting to run with the 2's and 1's in 11-on-11 and the guy just makes plays.
- Special teams: Punt team worked on directional punting.... left sideline vs right sideline....... Hecker had a couple of 65 yard kicks that were inpressive.
- Offensive notes: Saw 2 new formations today ; first was 2 TE's standing a few feet outside of the Tackles, not inline, with a receiver positioned a few feet to their outside shoulder. It looks like a "Bunch" formation with 1 RB. The second was a spread with 4 receivers to the Left side of the formation.
- TE ; Justice Cunningham was targeted a couple of times to day and he made 2 nice catches. Did not see Hemmingway much. They have Higbee running short out routes and seam routes, straight up field.
- Defense ; did not spend much time looking at the Defense, but I did notice that Nic Grigsby (rookie from Pitt) made 2 nice plays in the Passing game breaking up throws.
- not much else to report due to holding the iphone and making video the entire afternoon.
Anyopne that can suggest hoe to get my iphone video uploaded here would be greatly appreciated.

I am now off to see this afternoon's practice. I will try to just watch and make notes today.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A Day 4 camp report by 8to12...

Rams431033August 03, 2016 01:05PM

Re: A Day 4 camp report by 8to12...

Ramsfan1971620August 03, 2016 01:31PM