Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Anyone ever had a Fireplace remodeled?

December 29, 2022 11:33AM
So, you'll hafta remove all the bricks above the mantle area and whatever backing they are attached to - probably cement board.. then install the sheetrock and tape/bed and texture/paint it.. removing the bricks will be the biggest job.. I've done it when I knocked out a wall next to our fireplace that had solid brick on the wall behind it.. I just chiseled out one brick at a time - starting at the top, of course....

Biggest issue will be the sides, because you'll have a half brick sticking out every other row, so you hafta cut those bricks in half, which sucks.to make the sides flush.. Even dustier than scraping ceiling cottage cheese, but I did it with a regular circular saw with a brick/mortar blade in it..

Demo could be done in a day - hopefully they could install the sheetrock ont he same day so the mud can dry overnight.. So, probably two full days labor, depending on how many people are involved..

Didn't quite understand the second part of your project, but sounds like it'd be similar..

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Anyone ever had a Fireplace remodeled?

Ramgator96December 29, 2022 10:31AM

Re: Anyone ever had a Fireplace remodeled?

sstrams78December 29, 2022 11:33AM