November 13, 2022 02:49PM
He was yellow like the old Morris of the 9 Lives ads back in the day. Had know the guy for the better part of 4 years. The POS lady behind us used to keep him in a cage outside while she "tried" to find him a home. A YEAR later, I convinced her to just let him go on his own. He LOVED his freedom and wondered up n down our street. 4-5 neighbors fed him. EVERY day, when I do my walks, he'd ALWAYS squirm under our garage door the second it went up. I'd take out two cool whip containers....one water...one food. He was tempermental but loving at the same time. This morning, when I did my walk, he was not there. No biggie. That has happened before. I thought nothing of it. Did my walk and then went to Church. As me and my Wife returned from Church, we were a block and a half away on the busier street (SAME one where I found my neighbors cat hit just one week ago).... Anyway, I glanced and saw a dead yellow cat in the tall grass on the side of the road. My Wife's voice, in an instant tremble, she asked...."IS THAT MORRIS??" I looped around but could not tell. Told my Wife...Let's go home and change and come back. I had a sick feeling. It got worse when we got home and Morris' food was STILL all there. We drove back and upon closer look, it was him. Like our Cats two years ago, I hurt almost as much for my Wife. It tore her up......and me too. We put him in a bag, brought him home and buried him WITH his Cool Whip bowls, right by Bella and Colonel. I spent 5 hours in the yard , cleaning it up, and it was tough not seeing Morris roaming. Tomorrow at 0530, when I do my walk...It's gonna SUCK to raise that door and not see his orange face.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Buried ANOTHER cat today. The roaming cat of our street, we call Morris.

Ramgator250November 13, 2022 02:49PM

Aww.. I hate to hear that...

sstrams90November 13, 2022 03:12PM

Sad news, Ramgator...

JamesJM104November 13, 2022 03:23PM