Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Yes, read it probably 50 times...

October 02, 2022 05:57AM
but the last time I read it was probably in the late 70's, early 80's, so its been a LONG time... I worked for the newspaper and went through LONG periods of time doing absolutely nothing, so I would read to pass the time.. I didn't have a lot of money, so I'd just finish a book, flip back to page 1 and start reading it over.. I read Jaws so many times the cover of the paperback fell off lol.. I do have the hard cover, but didn't get it until later..

Generally when the subject of books with movies comes up, almost 100% of the time people say the book is better than the movie.. Most of the time I agree with that.. With the exception of Jaws.. ..and Friday Night Lights..

The book Jaws is really good, but there are quite a few totally unnecessary parts in it that really don't add to the story, imo.. There are parts of the movie that are WAY more exciting than the book... I'm kind of afraid of mentioning anything in specific because if you wanna read it, I don't wanna screw it up for you.. so let me know what your intentions are and if you want more specific details, I'll talk about them..

But, imo, the movie is MUCH better than the book - and the book is good.. Most people I see posting (Jaws groups on facebook) about the subject agree that the movie is better than the book.. I think seeing the movie first kinda screws up reading the book - and I had seen the movie probably 20 times before I read the book.. You normally expect the book to be better and then are kinda let down a bit..

Friday Night Lights is another case of the movie being better than the book, imo.. I bring that up because that movie is in my top 5 favorite movies, as well..

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

sstrams , another Jaws question

IowaRam169October 02, 2022 05:40AM

Yes, read it probably 50 times...

sstrams123October 02, 2022 05:57AM

Re: Yes, read it probably 50 times...

IowaRam130October 02, 2022 06:07AM

I have several books like that..

sstrams160October 02, 2022 07:03AM

I wish I was more of a reader.

Ramgator174October 02, 2022 04:24PM

Re: I wish I was more of a reader.

MamaRAMa147October 02, 2022 04:35PM

I used to CONSTANTLY read..

sstrams148October 02, 2022 05:06PM

I'm still an avid reader....

JamesJM78October 03, 2022 08:04AM

I really think the movie Jaws was much better..

sstrams79October 03, 2022 10:07AM