Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Youth football cancelled this weekend due to heat...

August 31, 2022 03:15PM
and I agree. There are 4 games every Sat. starting at 1pm.. then every 2 hours. Original forecast was for it to be 112º... that's too hot. High school game on Friday night is still on but that doesn't start until 8:30pm, (normally at 7pm), and the temp at that time will be under 100º.

Supposed to hit 113º on Monday and Tuesday... think I'll stay inside. I used to be tougher, when still farming. 113º, or even higher? Didn't matter... and it didn't bother me either. Today? Nope... staying indoors. Which brings up artificial turf... why you ask? laughing smiley

I think it should be banned in all outdoor stadiums. Couple years ago I actually saw the soles on players football shoes melt. So that's bad enough... but also... artificial turf rug burns do not heal.. not ever, you keep them for life. That's true for indoor stadiums as well... I say ban all artificial turf.... if you disagree because you think it's 'pretty' then you should have to play on it naked before being seated... THEN demand artificial turf because it's 'pretty'. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Youth football cancelled this weekend due to heat...

JamesJM123August 31, 2022 03:15PM

Happened at Florida Field (The Swamp) in the mid 80s.

Ramgator103September 01, 2022 12:21PM