Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Our penultimate band gig...

August 14, 2022 11:43AM
As I've said... it's possible we could pick up another job or two before our lead guitar player moves to Texas. Possible, not likely.. plus, we're getting old. laughing smiley

Got home at 2am last night and was up at 5am... can't break old habits, even though:

Every one of us woke up sore and injured. laughing smiley About 5:30am I sent a text out to my band members... something like: "I'm hurting this morning. Sore. Two blisters." They replied back, (yeah, they arose early as well) -

"Leg cramps all night" "I didn't make it to my bed and slept on the couch, can't move this morning". "Even my ears are sore"

Ahhh to be in a geriatric band. laughing smiley

These were taken before the job began - during sound checks, (on stage sound checks - checking the mains came later).

As you can see we played on straw bales..... well, some plywood over the straw but that didn't stop the straw from escaping. Our equipment is covered in straw... as were we... from head to toe. No problem... the majority of jobs we've played over the years were on Straw Bales... we're used to it.

By the way.... best set up we ever accomplished in the history of my bands. I could HEAR myself... everything, including vocals, was in perfect balance. Only took 50 years to get it right and did so on our penultimate gig. laughing smiley - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Our penultimate band gig... Attachments

JamesJM103August 14, 2022 11:43AM

Re: Our penultimate band gig...

MamaRAMa56August 14, 2022 11:52AM

Sweet Home Alabama....

JamesJM47August 14, 2022 12:05PM

Sweet!

sstrams59August 14, 2022 11:59AM

Can you believe we're still using those old JBL...

JamesJM46August 14, 2022 12:11PM

Being happy with your onstage sound..

sstrams67August 14, 2022 12:41PM

Hardest thing to adjust for us....

JamesJM47August 14, 2022 01:29PM

Its an old movie theater here in town.. Attachments

sstrams73August 14, 2022 01:53PM

Cool Pic........................nm

IowaRam58August 14, 2022 02:48PM