July 29, 2022 11:07AM
Me and heights like that do NOT get along.. My wife made me go repelling down the cliff in Cayman Brac.. I have NO idea why I agreed to do it.. probably because I thought we'd drive to the cliff and hook up to safety equipment, go over the side, and repel down..

That's NOT the way it went..

We drove to the BOTTOM of the cliff and climbed our way up - WITHOUT SAFETY LINES! We had safety harnesses on, but they weren't attached to anything until we go to the repel point, which was at least 50 yards up, directly over lava rock.. So, I'm climbing my way up, grabbing onto rocks and stuff and stepping onto other rocks, practically VELCRO'D to the wall because I was terrified.. when I got to the repel point, the guide THE hooked me up to safety lines, but in order to do it, she says, "Ok, not push yourself away from the wall" so she could get the line attached to my harness..

WTF? That was probably the stupidest thing I've ever agreed to doing, but at that point, there was really no other way down.. I will NEVER do that again..

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Wow'ee holy wow.. most amazing YT video I've ever seen...

JamesJM174July 29, 2022 10:50AM

Oh hell no... Attachments

sstrams148July 29, 2022 11:07AM

Did a lot of repelling training with the Fire Dept.

Ramgator87July 29, 2022 04:23PM

LOL That same Bud...Two months later...

Ramgator56July 29, 2022 04:25PM