Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Watched a couple of war movies in the last few days...

May 16, 2022 01:43PM
Well actually 3 but Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy was a repeat for me.

The 2 - "Operation Mincemeat" and "12 Strong". both are rentals and I don't think available free anywhere.

Operation Mincemeat - I found this movie fascinating. It was a little hard to follow because Operation Mincemeat was EXTREMELY complex. Without giving anything away the movie is about a covert operation having to do with the landing in Sicily during WWII. Most definitely a thumbs up from me.

12 Strong... I dunno... I did enjoy the movie BUT - to me it's what you would expect when the "Hollywood" template for audience appeal kicks in plus the casting of Chris Hemsworth... don't yell at me, I'm not picking on Hemsworth. He was fine... I just don't think the 'story' was told all that well. It's based on a true story and that alone makes it fascinating... because even if what's in the movie is VERY exaggerated their mission was STILL incredible and probably MORE incredible than as portrayed in the movie.

On IMDB Operation Mincemeat is rated 6.7 and 12 Strong is rated at 6.5... meaning very close... which makes not much sense to me because I think Operation Mincemeat a much better film.

In the end... I think both are worth watching. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Watched a couple of war movies in the last few days...

JamesJM105May 16, 2022 01:43PM

Operation Mincemeat...

sstrams143May 16, 2022 01:49PM

I should explain Operation MIncemeat better...

JamesJM51May 16, 2022 01:52PM

I found Kelly's Heroes and Fury at a garage sale over the weekend

ferragamo7948May 17, 2022 10:03AM

My beef wirh Fury.

Ramgator41May 17, 2022 10:21AM

Any of you ever see "The Lost Batallion" with Ricky Schroeder? VERY good flick!

Ramgator38May 17, 2022 10:25AM