May 06, 2022 02:01PM
I really liked it , I haven't been this excited about Star Trek in a long , long time

I tired getting into the newer seires like Picard and Discovery , just couldn't do it , their ok sci fi tv shows I guess , their just not Star Trek
,as the newer shows are serial format

where Strange New Worlds is going back to the old formula , as they are episodic , where each episode is a stand alone episode , all tied up in a nice little bow in 53 minutes

Episode one of Strange New Worlds was very enjoyable , the story was lite , and one we've seen before in Star Trek , it deals with first contact with a new planet , but this episode was more about introducing the new cast and crew

for those who have watched Discovery , we were reintroduced to Pike , Number One and Spock in season two of Discovery , and now with episode one , we're introduced to more of the new crew

they joke this has been the longest time period between and TV pilot and a episode one

because if you recall , the original Star Trek Pilot had Pike , Number One and Spoke in it , before it was reworked for the second pilot , "Where No Man Has Gone Before" with Kirk

so , Strange New Worlds , is actually the secode episode , of the original pilot

and the show is suppose to be canon , but lets be honest , after 50 years , a few things have been tweeked , a few of the origanl character like Uhura and Nurse Chaple have been tweeked , but they are younger versions of themselves

the Enterprise has been updated quite a bit , Ensigns now have iPads instead of a clip board , and pen and paper

the new cast and crew all seem to be quite likable , and at the end of the day , isn't that really the most important part about liking a Tv show , liking the characters

now I've only seen the first episode , but critics have seen the first 5 episodes , all 5 episodes have all got really good reivews ,

it's still sitting at 100% on Rotten Tomatoes

Strange New Worlds brings back the humor , fun , optimism , that has been missing for a long time

Star Trek is back !!!!

I really love the original series , but after 50 years , I'm ready for some new adventures

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I've watched the first episode of Star Trek , Strange New Worlds

IowaRam120May 06, 2022 02:01PM

Is that on Paramount + because I want to watch it

ferragamo7956May 07, 2022 07:50AM

Yea , Paramount Plus

IowaRam69May 07, 2022 09:23AM

IGN review

IowaRam73May 07, 2022 09:59AM