Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: I think that applies in all walks of life, and all people...

April 29, 2022 02:25PM
JamesJM
The degree to which it happens can differ but the result of being given a silver spoon at birth, or later, I think extends far beyond just 'fame'; fame, I think, just exaggerates it.

More specifically to your question: I think the profession 'Rock Star' affords to some a higher degree of privilege, in general, than actors, or athletes.

Long long ago I remember posting here about this - and mentioning that many of the major 'rock stars', (actually any genre where "diva'ism" takes root).... I've seen interviewed will slam their upbringing to include their parents, their teachers, their neighbors, et al.. IOW they all seem to share an extremely harsh judgment of everyone they knew in life. In their view they were bullied, mocked, ridiculed, conspired against, and castigated. I've seen many boast of 'getting back' at those that had a personal hand in their upbringing.... like the greatest benefit they achieved by their success was 'revenge'. Now obviously I'm not talking about them all... but I do think that attitude reaches it's peak among 'rock stars'. - JamesJM

Funny you mention diva rock stars. I'm just into a Jim Morrison bio. He put a lot of living into his 27 yrs on earth.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I'm not very up on Celeb news... but... happened on this tidbit...

JamesJM145April 28, 2022 05:36PM

I had to google that...

JamesJM90April 28, 2022 05:44PM

There's a GREAT line in Country singer Brad Paisley's song "Celebrity"...

Ramgator59April 29, 2022 04:22AM

Fame

SeattleRam119April 29, 2022 07:20AM

I think that applies in all walks of life, and all people...

JamesJM152April 29, 2022 07:52AM

Re: I think that applies in all walks of life, and all people...

21Dog140April 29, 2022 02:25PM