Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Funerals... this has to be the worst year for me... ever....

April 10, 2022 11:13AM
I've lost count. I think today was the 9th or 10th I've attended this year? And I have another coming up next weekend, my wife's brother who was killed in a car accident a couple of weeks ago.

Today's was the worst... yet I didn't even know the person, I only knew "of" him. A 14yr old boy who a week ago collapsed in the dugout at one of his baseball games. No, not his heart... although i don't know the specific cause, he had health problems. I knew his Dad by sight, he sometimes attends the same church I attend.. and he was there today. Came up to me after services.

I wasn't expecting that because, as I said, I had never met him.... only by sight. I won't go into the reasons why here in public... just that it was very personal and he felt I could help him. It was an easy request to comply with, but that was one very difficult conversation to handle.

Some of you will, maybe most, be able to relate to this next comment:

At the service I attended yesterday, not the 14yr old boy but rather a life long friend.... most of us in attendance had been in attendance at the previous funerals I've been to this year. The hot topic... "wow, what a bad year... AND (here's where you can probably relate to) it's sad that we almost never meet in person except at funerals". That's a true statement... and a very sad one.

I have not attended one of my class reunions in many, many years. Like maybe 30 years? I think I'm going to attend this year. I want to meet old friends at a happy occasion, for a change. - JameesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Funerals... this has to be the worst year for me... ever....

JamesJM238April 10, 2022 11:13AM

Yeah, its a bit overwhelming..

sstrams86April 10, 2022 12:19PM

My Grandfather told me in June 1978. There's nothing worse than getting older...

Ramgator78April 11, 2022 04:55AM

he said that to a 10 year old kid

ferragamo7970April 12, 2022 04:50PM

He was hurting. Besides......

Ramgator63April 13, 2022 06:51AM

I feel you

21Dog70April 11, 2022 05:15AM

As we age

waterfield70April 13, 2022 03:23PM

I get that but.....

Ramgator63April 13, 2022 04:02PM