Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Annual Trip To Disneyland on the horizon....

April 05, 2022 09:44AM
this was an annual trip until Covid.... this will be our first trip there in 2 years?

Our trip is actually for a Dance competition. Called "Showstoppers". My granddaughter will compete. Why they choose memorial day weekend I'll never know.... but before you say "oh wow, bad choice, the crowds"..... there are NO days at Disneyland during the summer that are not max'd out. IOW, Memorial Day is no different than any other day... and yes, it's hell. BUT...

Disneyland keeps adding options to their tickets that offer some benefits. I'm not sure what they all are but I can name two of them: We get into the park an hour before the public and we also have what used to be called 'fast pass' for the rides... it's called something else now but I don't know the new term. We're very, VERY, experienced at navigating Disneyland, beating crowds, so we'll have been on nearly all the 'major' rides before the public enters the park. Truth is:

During late morning and afternoon when the crowds are at their peak we often return to our room and wait it out.

The Dance Competition: I truly do enjoy this. Huge auditorium, sit wherever, alcohol available. It's rather fun. The dances, after a while, can get a bit boring but I take lots of breaks sitting out by the pool sipping on some drink that has more fruit than a farmer's market and an umbrella the size of a hubcap.

All in all... I'd prefer not. laughing smiley But my granddaughter's group is very good and always in the running for the overall championship... and I love the heck out of that. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Annual Trip To Disneyland on the horizon....

JamesJM225April 05, 2022 09:44AM

Re: Annual Trip To Disneyland on the horizon....

txramfan158April 05, 2022 11:16AM

If my daughter ever hears of this...

JamesJM154April 05, 2022 11:23AM

Only prescription my dad filled white at at Disneyland

txramfan128April 05, 2022 01:01PM