Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wow, bright future for Teddy....

April 06, 2022 10:54AM
but I hope his hand heals quickly!

Funny what you remember about past skiing adventures... sometimes the geography, the type of snow, your prowess on that day, your big crash. I certainly remember my biggest crash... and it was a major... but I don't think 'unique'.

I was having the best day of my life. I could do no wrong. (look out). Final run of the day I was going to hit a big jump than ends right at the lodge, hit it at full speed. Probably got twice more air and distance than any other jump in my life.. AND... landed it perfectly. Can you guess what's coming? laughing smiley

Arms raised in celebration, preening for the adulation coming from those sitting on the veranda at the lodge who had witnessed it with "oohs" and "ahhs"..... I caught an edge. Not sure how far I fell, tumbled, rolled, slid... but I ended up against a ski rack right at the lodge... knocking all the skies down.

Nope, no injury at all... how I'll never know. But as big as the "WOW's" were for the jump from the bystanders the applause for the crash was 10 times bigger. laughing smiley

By the way.... that was back in the day, maybe my mid-30's. Only way that happens today is if an unhibernated Griz is after my ass. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Last day on the snow....

JamesJM362April 03, 2022 12:08PM

Grandchildren and the end of ski racing

waterfield90April 06, 2022 10:40AM

Wow, bright future for Teddy....

JamesJM95April 06, 2022 10:54AM

Bears on race courses

waterfield158April 06, 2022 12:25PM