Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Tonight, we watched The Homecoming and then episode 1 of season 1...

March 31, 2022 04:26PM
Charlotte Stewart played Miss Beadle/Mrs Simms and also Ruth Collier, the mother of the deaf girl in The Foundling. You've got a good eye. I didn't notice it was the same actress till you mentioned it..

There are lots of similarities in some of the story lines and characters between the two series too. For one: the wives of the shopkeepers on both shows are bossy, uppity, unlikeable personalities whose hen-pecked husbands have the patience of Job. Both families put a premium on education and don't want their children to be ignorant. Both families are poor and there is never enough money, but they always have food and there's always room at their table to feed others. They both have a daughter that's smart but kinda bossy. They both have a daughter that loves animals. The youngest child in both families is a girl. Many of the adverse things that happened to the Ingalls also happen to the Waltons. I've read that Michael Landon actually recycled some of the scripts from Bonanza for use on Little House on the Prairie. I don't mind the similarities though because even though there are similarities, they're still different and unique to each show. Still very enjoyable to me. .

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Watched "Spencer's Mountain" last night. Such a great movie.

Ramgator214March 31, 2022 07:31AM

Re: Watched "Spencer's Mountain" last night. Such a great movie.

MamaRAMa76March 31, 2022 08:10AM

Tonight, we watched The Homecoming and then episode 1 of season 1...

Ramgator62March 31, 2022 04:08PM

Re: Tonight, we watched The Homecoming and then episode 1 of season 1...

MamaRAMa100March 31, 2022 04:26PM

Victor French! VERY loveable as Mr Edwards. LOL But I told my Wife...

Ramgator197April 01, 2022 10:16AM

LOL You must have heard us talking last night!!

Ramgator70April 01, 2022 10:18AM