Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just did a deed that I think is good but can see how others might think weird.

January 16, 2022 11:29AM
Every morning, I go for walks. Often, my walk takes me past a few cats that hang around a bridge. Yesterday, morning, I saw the white cat had been hit and killed. He was right by the median. Bugged the hell out of me. I HOPED that someone might pick him up. I have never been 100% sure that particular cat was ferile. He was a good looking cat. Last night, just after sunset, me and my Wife drove by coming back from her friend's and the cat was still there. I went to bed around 10 PM and ALMOST got up to go get him. I thought I could bury him by the bridge. I felt bad because we had a lot of rain coming and it did, around 4 AM. I talked myself out of it. Going to and from Church this AM...the poor ol cat was still there. Just two hours ago, I thought.......GO GET HIM! I actually first walked down there to see what the area was like. Toooo risky to bury by the road. LOTS of marks for underground lines. Sooooo, I came home, grabbed a yard trash bag and glove. When I parked on the side of the road, I wanted to wait for a window of NO cars passing. For some reason, I just did not want to be seen. It took about 3-4 minutes of waiting but the light about a mile down gave me my chance. I bolted and grabbed the ol guy. Was a bit tough because he was stiff as a board. But I bagged him with plenty of time to spare. By the time the first car passed, they just saw me at my trunk. Got home and now the white cat is not too far from our two cats Bella and Colonel. I KNOW it was a good deed but why did I feel like I was doing something creepy???
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Just did a deed that I think is good but can see how others might think weird.

Ramgator112January 16, 2022 11:29AM

Re: Just did a deed that I think is good but can see how others might think weird.

MamaRAMa65January 16, 2022 12:08PM

It felt like a calling.

Ramgator76January 16, 2022 12:40PM

I have done that with a cat and, most notably, a squirrel..

sstrams87January 16, 2022 01:07PM

Re: Just did a deed that I think is good but can see how others might think weird.

txramfan98January 16, 2022 04:25PM