Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

They were all feeling the strain....

December 01, 2021 07:45AM
....after what they'd been thru over the previous 10 years or so. So my point was that Yoko did NOT end the Beatles..., but yes, she did add to the strain that already existed. Yet, there is real hatred for the women.... IMO, mostly by those who only followed the music, but not caring about all the other stuff going on. Again, the other 3 Beatles (and others there) were not very keen on Yoko being there all the time. But they realized that 'brother' John was not going to have it any other way. So for John, they grudgingly accepted her presence for the good of the whole. I've always felt, that's just kinda what families do.

And speaking of families. Listening to interviews over the years of the surviving members... in hindsight, it always seems to come back to that (family). Yes, John & Paul did have some pretty harsh differences at times. But look at what they accomplished (including all 4) when they 'weren't' having these differences. As Paul has said many times.... they were like brother's, and sometimes brothers fight. But they remain brothers (I know, I've got six). So this is how I see the infighting that was inevitable.

It's impossible to put it all in a nutshell, but to me, they simply outgrew each other. And it was a bit of a slow-burn to the end. Which this documentary shows.

btw- I still listen to their music pretty regularly..... smileys with beer
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Did anyone else catch The Beatles: Get Back on Disney+ ?

RAMbler125November 29, 2021 09:53AM

Haven't seen it yet, but plan to..

sstrams98November 29, 2021 10:10AM

Re: Haven't seen it yet, but plan to..

RAMbler73November 29, 2021 10:31AM

I've read several books....and people don't realize

ferragamo7965November 30, 2021 12:31PM

They were all feeling the strain....

RAMbler69December 01, 2021 07:45AM

Only seen clips of it. The video quality is AMAZING! nm

Ramgator57November 30, 2021 10:57AM