Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I'm a mere two Christmas movies into the season...

November 28, 2021 08:35AM
The Santa Clause II and last night "The Polar Express".

"It's A Wonderful Life", (since it's my favorite), I usually save until right before Christmas. The rest -

Random order. Each year I try to add one or two Christmas movies I have never seen before... and this year I think I'm going to give those Hallmark movies you guys/gals talk about so much. To my knowledge I have never seen any of them. Last year I saw "Miracle on 34th Street" - the version with Natalie Wood, for the first time in my life.

As far as movies I watch EVERY year - well, obviously "It's A Wonderful Life"... a few TV specials... Charlie Brown, Rudolph, Frosty. Polar Express. A Christmas Story. Christmas Carol. White Christmas.

Now A Question for those of you who can remember the days before HBO, DirecTV... IOW... back when you got maybe 3-6 channels total. laughing smiley

Around my part of the country... and I'm sure it had to be national... there was a movie shown every New Year's Eve... can any of you remember the title? I'm going to reveal it... but try to make a guess before I do. We're on the honor system.

Ok... lets see how well you did. I have not seen this movie in many, MANY, years... but I'm planning to watch it this NYE... or most likely sometime before. It's called The Horn Blows At Midnight and stars Jack Benny. If for no other reason it's a great watch because you'll see dozens of those old never-Starring character actors doing their thing. Actors you've seen many times but don't know their names. I've said this before, and I really believe it.... the very best actors, (the majority that is), were not nor have ever been the "STARS" of the movies... chosen for dashing good looks rather than acting skills. Now that is NOT to say that no beautiful stars were good actors... some were, very much so... BUT... and IMHO, the character actors were for the most part better.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I'm a mere two Christmas movies into the season...

JamesJM233November 28, 2021 08:35AM

The Polar Express

MamaRAMa108November 28, 2021 09:07AM

Sounds fantastic...

JamesJM144November 28, 2021 09:26AM

Don't let his ticket blow out the window before it's punched! LOL nm

Ramgator112November 29, 2021 07:15AM

Elf... underrated Christmas Movie.

JoeMad108November 29, 2021 07:43AM

agree

21Dog171November 29, 2021 01:39PM

I don't know what it is but the scene that cracks me up the most.....

Ramgator100November 30, 2021 10:55AM

It is a favourite in our family.

canadaram141December 04, 2021 04:55AM

watch it ever year along with Love Actually

ferragamo7982December 04, 2021 02:53PM