Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

OK stupid question about a hole side of house...HELP!

October 24, 2021 03:58PM
like some animal dug some type of hole (about 6 inches wide and it is very deep) right next to my garage wall (I think it was a weasel as my cat caught it or maybe a giant toad?) )....I of course forgot to fill it back up with dirt

meantime it has been raining heavily for about 30 hours

I go out there today and the side by my gate and garage is a huge puddle and of course the hole is at the bottom of the puddle....I am sure tons of water is now in that hole and deep next to my foundation. I plugged the hole with a plastic contactor bag and put a tarp over it and reduced the puddle

The rain stops tomorrow and I will will it up, but is my foundation ok as it is a one time deal? What do I fill it back up with....sand dirt? Thanks......my wife is freaking out and I am pretty sure I am retarded

also, I have drains all over the backyard....they are not draining and giant back ups are appearing in a few areas....is that due to the heavy rain and the drains not being able to keep up or is something backed up? How in the world do I snake that out? Do I call Rotorooter? Sorry, rain is an anomaly out here lately.....

RIP Bucky - 7/25/1943 - 1/19/2013

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2021 04:08PM by ferragamo79.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

OK stupid question about a hole side of house...HELP!

ferragamo79118October 24, 2021 03:58PM

Rotorooter or some other professional of that type....

21Dog78October 24, 2021 04:17PM