Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I HATE gutters and will never EVER have them on my house. Tried gutter guards..

October 22, 2021 07:03AM
Years ago on my old house that had just one gutter along the back of the house. They were USELESS. I will say....Might be a Florida thing. It STAYS humid here and mold algae can be quite the PITA. The gutter guards eventually filled with mold/ algae which ultimately grew into the wood behind them, causing a lot of rot. Pulled those damn gutters down, replaced the wood and never had that issue again. Fast forward to 2002....The ex and I had a house built. It came with a small gutter over the front porch. I THOUGHT because it got a lot of sun and no leaves around, it'd be fine. Just out of curiosity, about 3-4 years later, I checked closely and the bolts that held the gutters had rot around them. DOWN those gutters went! Been gutterless since! LOL

I see those commercial / infomercials on the gutter guards and laugh. There is no such thing as a gutter that does NOT need cleaning / TLC with bleach and water. With or without guards.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Anyone have gutter guards on their home?

BlueRidgeHorns220October 21, 2021 03:21PM

I have heard they still clog up...but not as much,,

sstrams80October 21, 2021 07:23PM

I HATE gutters and will never EVER have them on my house. Tried gutter guards..

Ramgator79October 22, 2021 07:03AM

A house without gutters in our area is asking for...

roman18103October 22, 2021 08:48AM

Thanks for the info. about Leaf Guard

BlueRidgeHorns178October 22, 2021 04:46PM