Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

We have the 35pt rule...

October 17, 2021 10:24PM
the last time I checked the running clock is only used if the losing team agrees; it's their option.

The 35pt rule is not set in stone.... for obvious reason. Sometimes you can put in your third string, or your opponent can do so, and scoring continues. And i think all coaches agree you don't put a kid into a game and tell them to 'back off'. Normally it's simply putting in third stringers and then calling very conservative plays... all with your fingers crossed. laughing smiley

Yeah, I deleted that post.... didn't want to sound 'whiny'. laughing smiley

I like to say I'm NOT superstitious... but I was a nervous wreck for today's game with the Giants. We were killed on Friday night.... then on Sat. my youngest grandson's team lost a crucial game we thought sure we'd win. My 2nd oldest grandson is their OC and he missed the game.... he traveled to Laramie to watch Kerman's own playing QB for Wyoming... they remain very good friend.... and then he had a terrible game. Threw 3 interceptions and was pulled in the 4th.... after several of his friends had traveled to Laramie to watch him. It was heartbreaking. My grandson, the OC, is blaming himself for the loss, but they just beat us. Close, however, 7-6 and our final play was on their 5 going for the win.

So today I watched the game in total panic... just seemed like it was one of those weekends when nothing was going to go right. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Probably witnessed the quickest Homecoming game ever Attachments

IowaRam347October 17, 2021 04:42PM

We have the 35pt rule...

JamesJM151October 17, 2021 10:24PM