Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Probably witnessed the quickest Homecoming game ever

October 17, 2021 04:42PM
James , you must have deleted your , not one of your better weekends of football post

but ya got me think'in , but alot of your posts get me think'in...........................lol

in Iowa , they have a 35 point rule , once one team goes up by 35 points or more , they run a continuous clock , well , they started the continuous clock in the 2nd quarter , I don't think the entire game lasted a hour and forty minutes , and that was with a extended halftime

but what got me thinking from your post about hard times

the school we played , their a private Catholic school out of Fort Dodge , and for as long as i can remember , they were always 2 classes larger then us , and a 100 miles away , so our paths never crossed , and they had always been a pretty top football team in the state , we always used to joke , that they were one of those school who could actually recruit ...................lol

but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, here in that last 10 years , they have dropped not just one, but two class sizes , so this was the first time we've ever played them , and man , it got ugly quickly , our freshman were in by the third quarter

so I got curious how a school that was so prominent at one time has lost inrollment , to have dropped to class size , is a good size drop ,

so I did some googling , and didn't come up with anything ,

but I will say one thing , their fans travel really well , 100 miles away , nothing really to play for , and they still filled up the visitors bleachers pretty good , I was impressed

oh , and another thing , our halftime show on homecoming , sure isn't what it used to sad smiley, now thats become disappointing

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Probably witnessed the quickest Homecoming game ever Attachments

IowaRam347October 17, 2021 04:42PM

We have the 35pt rule...

JamesJM153October 17, 2021 10:24PM