Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anybody dissatisfied with the weatherperson(s) on their local channels?

July 26, 2021 12:57PM
We've got 3 channels I watch for the weather predictions (that's all I pretty much listen to them for). I find all 3 lacking, anyone can hit on a great day or an obvious "weather "day. They are great at coming on in the morning and going in depth about what happened around "your backyard" yesterday, they get that right all the time.

We've got people who declare the roads will be or are wet due to rain, I look out the window and it's raining. When it snows around here they go nuts, if there is snow in the forecast they get out all the "staff" and put them on the roads looking for a flake. They'll stand in a ditch next to a road and discuss the buildup of as little as a 10th of an inch of slush.

Today they called for a 70% chance of rain, heavy at times, with possible hail and strong winds. Supposed to start at 1PM and go through the dinner hour. I was outside early to get some summer time in, 1 PM went by and I ended up coming in around 3. Then here came the downpours...we got a summer shower for about 30-40 minutes tops, the sun is now out.

I know when they do their report the area they cover is larger then my specific area, but man...that's just bad predicting. It's not a rare occurrence either, over the years it seems the more they have "up dated " and state of the art equipment the worse they do. Back in the day the guy/girl had a piece of paper with them and a plain old map and by gosh it seems they hit more then they missed.

Maybe I'm getting old and expect too much, it's not a life dealing thing, but I do plan out meals by the weather as I cook out as much as I can, and hate to be screwed by doing inside when the "weather" never happens, or be outside and the black clouds are taking up my air space by surprise. Happened today my menu was an "inside menu"...coulda grilled some fresh caught catfish outside.....ended up making some Monte Cristo sandwiches and potato/onion scalloped potatoes.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Anybody dissatisfied with the weatherperson(s) on their local channels?

roman18143July 26, 2021 12:57PM

O...M....G! We have a channel here in Jacksonville!!!

Ramgator91July 26, 2021 01:46PM

I kind of like drama queen weather men/women.

JamesJM83July 26, 2021 05:10PM

You should see this clown when a Hurricane is approaching Florida!

Ramgator98July 27, 2021 03:16AM

Re: Anybody dissatisfied with the weatherperson(s) on their local channels?

SeattleRam90July 26, 2021 05:07PM