July 14, 2021 11:55AM
I guess I've been fortunate that none of the guys I ever played with - with two exceptions - have passed away.. shockingly, I might add considering how wild life was for a while..

One guy, who passed, was a drummer I played with for a little while in high school.. we did one show together. I was a rock guy and he was more punk, but also a big fan of Genesis and similar bands back then, so we were good friends, but didn't have the best musical chemistry.. I hadn't talked to him in a while and then found out he committed suicide.. to this day still breaks my heart and I wonder if I could have done anything..

The other guy was also a drummer that I graduated with.. GREAT punk drummer, but also loved Zepplin and Kiss etc.. you'd call him and he'd have his stuff packed and be over in 10 minutes.. must loved to drum.. He passed a way a few years ago - I hadn't seen him in quite a while, either.. But when he'd come over and we'd just jam.. and jam... and jam.. I think we did a couple of shows together, but he went more the punk route.. I would love to have just sat and talked with him about our jam sessions when were in high school and were all going to make it big.. Magical times, for sure..

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Hank Williams Sr. - wow.......something special

ferragamo7979July 13, 2021 05:54PM

You got me thinking about Charlie

JamesJM44July 14, 2021 09:25AM

Really nice story...

sstrams44July 14, 2021 11:55AM

One or two timers....

JamesJM48July 14, 2021 12:05PM