June 06, 2021 11:40AM
Yeah, it was great to finally get under water, again.. We had both been vaxxed, but still had to provide negative covid tests both flights.. both flights sold out and airports packed, so, looks like people are getting back to traveling..

Turneffe Island is a place we've been about ten times.. for the most part, the same staff is still there and they just treat us like celebrities.. diving was great, but I had some issues breathing this trip.. I had that happen a few years ago and had to have a full cardiac workup in which they found a blockage in one artery or vein.. I'm guessing that blockage has gotten worse, causing the issues I had on this trip..

For the first 4-5 dives, my gopro completely didn't work.. I did finally get it fired up nd got a few good vids, but haven't downloaded them, yet..

Food was great, staff was great etc..I have two autographed 8x10's hung in the dining area nd the main dive shop.. its funny because both are in full makeup, but I had every guest (there were about 20 there) come up to me nd ask if that was me in the pics.. then they'd all ask questions and I'd give them custom guitar picks and stuff.. its funny how the stories escalate - I held the door open for one guy and his wife and his wife walked through, but the guy wouldn't.. he said, "I can't walk in, in front of a living legend" while holding the door for me lol... I had to internally crack up over that.. but, its fun..

Saw sharks on several dives.. had a pod of dolphins hang with us for about 20 minutes on two different dives - which is pretty rare.. I've probably done 200 dives with that resort and only had dolphins of 4 dives.. the first dolphin encounter they were hunting silver jacks - it was mass hysteria.. then a shark started hunting them and then a couple of barracuda joined in.. poor Jacks were getting to from all sides..

Lots of Green Moray Eels, turtles, Spotted Eagle Rays etc.. due to the gopro screwing up, I missed several world class vids, but got a few.. I'll try to post them here when I get them uploaded..

Trip was great.. just the covid tests and American Airlines fiasco kinda sucked.. Will give it a few days, then start planning the next trip.. Thank you for asking!

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

SST, I know you are a fan of the band Sweet.

Ramgator158June 02, 2021 04:11PM

Sorry for the delay...

sstrams98June 06, 2021 10:27AM

Re: Sorry for the delay...

MamaRAMa168June 06, 2021 10:58AM

Hey Mama!

sstrams102June 06, 2021 11:40AM