Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My Jaguar is history....

May 04, 2021 07:30PM
Took CarMax's offer today and I'm a free man again. My mid-life crisis Jag purchase is behind me.

Couple takes - more than a couple - First - best handling car I ever owned. That Jag in the curves was so sweet it felt like something from 100 years in the future. Truly incredible.

Second take - keeping it on the road and out of the repair shop was almost impossible. Every 10,000 miles it had a "major" breakdown. Add the minor breakdowns every 2,000 miles and it got to where I didn't dare take it outside of my roadside service radius.

Third take: An oil change shouldn't cost $450. Nor should a set of windshield wipers set you back $100. Ummm, lemme see, nope. Nothing you replace is under $100.

Fourth take: Had the jag for 5 years? Yeah, I think 5. After 1 year I realized that I truly am a hick farmer.... the Jag doesn't compare to a pickup. I love my pickup.

Recently a friend of mine inherited a pristine 1973 Chevy Silverado pickup... he came by the house to brag and showoff. I would have done the same to him. So i'm outside salivating over the '73 and looked over at my POS Jag and knew the time had come to euthanize the Jag. It was no longer sexy to me.... I think it was like getting unlucky at love and taking up with a gold digger who drains every cent you have.

Not sure what I could have got for it had I made a private sell... probably a hell of a lot more.... I don't care at all. With the money I'll save I can now afford to Super-Size my fries at McDonalds.... oh, and best of all upgrade the radio in my F150. I figure I can now put new tires on my pickup, and the new radio, and save a bundle not having to change the oil in the Jag next time.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

My Jaguar is history....

JamesJM172May 04, 2021 07:30PM

Sorry to hear that..

sstrams94May 05, 2021 03:46AM

I'm not sorry...

JamesJM48May 05, 2021 05:49AM