Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Playing together for years....

March 27, 2021 08:23AM
Is really a great experience. Our bass player and I have been playing together for 50 years. We've both played in different groups without the other but even during that time we played music together in one way or another. Point is:

Immediate corrections. Both our lead guitar player, (especially if he's drinking heavily), and our Rhythm guitar player can screw up big time... skipping measures, coming in at the wrong time or not stopping at the right time... and it's almost surreal how quickly the bass player and I can adapt, and adjust, get us back on track.

At times we are actually capable, (this will be hard to believe for non-musicians), of anticipating, intuiting, when a screw-up is "about to occur".... IOW before the screw-up even happens. I really don't know how we do that... or how to explain it, but we do it often.

In the beginning we would turn to each other with visible clues on how to get back on track, sometimes verbally...but over the years we got proficient at it and today we don't need to even make eye contact.... we just know.... when and how. And it works. We'll often get a very confused look from the person that screwed-up but they know to back off and let us patch it up.. joining again only after they're heads are back in synch with the song.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Physics shmizicks.....

JamesJM149March 22, 2021 03:49PM

That was great... what do you think of this?

Atlantic Ram98March 25, 2021 09:41PM

The Time changes are amazing....

JamesJM88March 26, 2021 05:49PM

The only time we do time changes...

sstrams117March 27, 2021 03:58AM

Playing together for years....

JamesJM104March 27, 2021 08:23AM

Totally get that..

sstrams179March 27, 2021 09:49AM