Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The movie Inception... a comedy?

February 05, 2021 08:51PM
I had never seen the movie Inception, until today. I'm sure you have, right? It was a very popular movie, highly rated. Don't worry, no spoilers... well, yes, this will contain a spoiler... but not a spoiler that wil ruin the film for you... you'll see:

Inception is a very dramatic movie. VERY! Nearing the end perhaps the most dramatic scene is taking place. I'm watching with captions. In a rip your heart out of your chest moment, with intense dramatic music on steroids playing in the background - a man leans slowly, slowly, downward.. the volume of the music is building... a crescendo... he bends toward a woman, tears in her eyes, passion burns, he bends further... she closes her eyes.... he gently, with heart rendering emotion gently kisses her forehead... the music has reached it's peak volume... and the caption?

"smooch".

Now I have to be honest in admitting that I wasn't all that drawn into the heavy emotion being depicted on screen... they had failed to suck me in.. BUT.. I was certainly not jovial about things, I wasn't completely apathetic.... and when I read 'smooch'.... that was it... uncontrollable laughter..

Now that HAD to be joke, right? I mean the guy typing the captions had to have had a momentary case of the giggles and was unable to restrain himself from inserting that caption... don't you think? - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The movie Inception... a comedy?

JamesJM105February 05, 2021 08:51PM

I was so lost in that movie..

sstrams68February 06, 2021 05:35AM

You watched it with captions?

JamesJM50February 06, 2021 06:37AM

No, not with captions...

sstrams45February 06, 2021 08:15AM