Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Oh yeah.. I remember that ride.

February 04, 2021 01:04PM
Growing up, we had a small amusement park here in town called Funland.. miniature golf, tilt-a-whirl, ferris wheel, bumper cars, small roller coaster.. all that stuff.. But they got a new ride called "The Bullet" which was similar to the pic you posted, except each passenger compartment was on the same axis and it rotated 360 degrees while each compartment then rotated so you wouldn't be upside down.. Like the photo I'm attaching..

I was pretty young when they first unveiled it and I heard people screaming their guts out on that thing and it scared me half to death.. So, I never rode it.. then I grew up and as a young adult finally rode it and thought, "man, this is awesome!".. and it SHOULD have been scarier, as an adult, because the thing was probably half rusted out by then lol..

Unfortunately, Funland got torn down.. we do get the carnivals you mentioned, come through town at least once a year - they hold it in the parking lot of the local mall, across the street from two of our favorite restaurants.. So, we see the carnival all the time, but have never been.. would be nice to recapture some of that youth..

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Speaking of roller coasters.... sstrams, 6 Flags Over Texas...

JamesJM108February 04, 2021 11:45AM

Been to Six Flags many times...

sstrams57February 04, 2021 12:31PM

Remember this?

JamesJM126February 04, 2021 12:43PM

Oh yeah.. I remember that ride. Attachments

sstrams50February 04, 2021 01:04PM

Kind of hard for me to explain a carnival in my home town...

JamesJM61February 04, 2021 01:08PM

Well, heck, then - you'd better go...

sstrams95February 04, 2021 01:36PM

My first Coaster is no fun anymore...Myrtle Beach... "The Swamp Fox".

Ramgator60February 04, 2021 03:45PM