Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Been to Six Flags many times...

February 04, 2021 12:31PM
throughout my life.. I remember going when I was about 4 years old.. I met my wife on a blind date to Six Flags during one of the Halloween themed nights.. I haven't been there in quite a while, now - maybe ten years, or so.. But, yeah they definitely have some good rides..

Biggest issue for me, now, is just the two hour wait in line to ride anything.. and you can get the pass that lets you cut in line, but so many people do that, that there's long lines to cut in line.. and, a few years ago, a lady fell out of her seat on the Texas Giant - the tallest wooden roller coaster on earth - or at least it used to be - and was killed.. I myself, got a concussion on The Texas Giant.. Going around a curve and it was so rough, my head snapped, everything went white, an dthen for the next 3 weeks I couldn't remember how to play songs on guitar I've played for 30 years.. so, its kind of lost some of its lustre..

when I was a kid, they used to put Six Flag bumper stickers on your car while you were in the park.. dunno if they stopped due to the expense, or the complaints of people with new cars.. but, it was always cool to leave the park and see the bumper sticker on your car..

I think there are several Six Flag - probably one for every flag.. Its a huge park, right next to the Texas Rangers stadium, Plowboys stadium, and Hurricane Harbor.. lots to do there.. we used to go to Six Flags all day, then walk to the Rangers game, at night.. those were the days..

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/04/2021 12:33PM by sstrams.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Speaking of roller coasters.... sstrams, 6 Flags Over Texas...

JamesJM108February 04, 2021 11:45AM

Been to Six Flags many times...

sstrams56February 04, 2021 12:31PM

Remember this?

JamesJM126February 04, 2021 12:43PM

Oh yeah.. I remember that ride. Attachments

sstrams50February 04, 2021 01:04PM

Kind of hard for me to explain a carnival in my home town...

JamesJM61February 04, 2021 01:08PM

Well, heck, then - you'd better go...

sstrams95February 04, 2021 01:36PM

My first Coaster is no fun anymore...Myrtle Beach... "The Swamp Fox".

Ramgator60February 04, 2021 03:45PM