Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I almost hate to say this...

October 31, 2020 05:31AM
but the only positive that comes from going through this, is that GOOD pet owners now have the opportunity to give another needy animal a good home.. I talk relentlessly about losing Lucie.. I know i've mentioned the story of Gypsie.. Two days after losing Lucie, Gypsie's photo came across my facebook wall - for no reason whatsoever.. We're in Texas.. She was in South Carolina, she was with Noah's Arks Rescue - I had, nor had any of my friends, ever heard of them.. that photo should NOT have come across my facebook wall.. there just was no connection with them to make that happen..

..and yet it did.. and I took it as a sign.. Something about her photos reminded me SO much of Lucie - even tho they didn't look that similar.. Gypsie was paralyzed, which only drew me to her more.. Lucie's shelter name had been Gyspie and we changed it to Lucie.. Something was telling me I HAD to help that dog.. we were BOTH crushed by losing Lucie.. if you'll remember, the day after losing Lucie we almost lost Torrie, as well as she had a splenic rupture..

I did everythin gin my power to get Gypsie.. almost got divorced over it as my wife was grieving too hard for Lucie - as I was, as well, but I had this little light at the end of the tunnel named Gypsie.. I applied to adopt her - without my wife's permission.. I was the ONLY applicant for her as everyone still thought she was paralyzed.. The shelter didn't post that she was starting to barely walk again, after back surgery, as they wanted to know who TRULY wanted her and was willing to take her paralyzed.. Well, I was the only person to apply, so we were chosen.. The administrator called to tell us and my wife answered.. My wife misunderstood her to think they had chosen another family to adopt her.. Pure pandemonium..

but two weeks later we flew to Atlanta to pick her up and its been the MOST rewarding thing I've ever done in life.. After Torrie passed way 16 months after her splenic rupture, we saved another Beagle, Mauie from Dallas.. she had been attacked by coyotes, but fended them off.. she had staples in her ear and chest.. then we really got motivated and began fostering dogs, which led us to believe we could adopt Hatfield - also from Noah's Arks in South Carolina.. he had his nout broken in half by either being hit by a car or being kicked.. So, now we have 3 rescued Beagles and have fostered 10 dogs that were adopted successfully in New York..

Its the only positive that came from losing Lucie.. but it affected 12 other dogs in a very positive way and gave them all great lives..

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

Image error
File not found.
open image URL

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

We lost our Colonel.

Ramgator136October 29, 2020 03:59PM

Oh man.. I'm so sorry Gator...

sstrams82October 29, 2020 04:07PM

Re: We lost our Colonel.

Ramkind90October 29, 2020 07:22PM

Bella.... We just lost our other cat, named Bella, 12 days before.

Ramgator88October 30, 2020 12:49AM

zn117October 29, 2020 08:02PM

waterfield119October 29, 2020 08:45PM

sorry Gator

21Dog87October 30, 2020 06:14AM

Really, really sorry

ferragamo79137October 30, 2020 07:42AM

UGH!! Tough morning.

Ramgator107October 31, 2020 02:12AM

I almost hate to say this...

sstrams72October 31, 2020 05:31AM

Simply.......... WOW!

Ramgator77October 31, 2020 06:12AM

Yeah, that's kind of what we want to do..

sstrams77October 31, 2020 06:51AM

We WILL get another cat...or two. But it will be a while.

Ramgator72October 31, 2020 06:25AM

Just keep an open mind..

sstrams79October 31, 2020 06:55AM