Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Watched the first 3 episodes of The Right Stuff on Disney Plus

October 19, 2020 12:47PM
huummm............

I haven't seen the movie in ages , so , it's not like I was really comparing it to that

the reviews I had read , pretty much all said it was kinda slow going , and , they were right

they probably could have just called the show , The John Glenn vs Alan Shepherd show

Gordon Cooper , gets some screen time as well , but as far as the other four astronauts , their pretty much null and void , and basically only used in the back ground , with few , or even no speaking parts , not that you could tell them apart anyways , casting call must have been easy , white male , 30 something years old , dark hair

first two episodes , was mostly just , well , not much actually , we learn that John Glenn is the do right Boy Scout and Alan Shepherd is a jerk and cheats on his wife ........................alot

we learn that Life Magazine gets exclusive rights to the Astronauts stories

we see very little , if any , of the actual Space Program it's self , don't even see our first rocket till the end of episode 3

they throw a little temptation into the show , with the Astronauts in Florida , and their wives at home , so far , the only wife that has any memorable part would be Gordon Cooper's wife

they are all fighter / test pilots with large egos

by the end of episosed 3 , we finally get our first look at the first rocket and capsule , and we're finally on to our first test flights

so hopefully , things will start to pick up

Season one has 8 episodes , not sure where they'll end it

or if there will even be a Season 2

but thought it would be cool if they went all the way though the Lunar Lanches , kind of fill in the gap , do all three programs , Mercury , Gemini , and Apollo,

but probably won't happen

it's probably just a one season and done sorta thing

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Watched the first 3 episodes of The Right Stuff on Disney Plus

IowaRam157October 19, 2020 12:47PM

10 days till the Mandalorian

IowaRam68October 19, 2020 01:03PM

Tis the season Attachments

IowaRam87October 19, 2020 01:27PM

P.S.

IowaRam69October 19, 2020 01:47PM

Is that now in October???