Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Virtual "Zoom" football practice benefit?

August 24, 2020 11:56AM
Some 50 football players for Kerman now in 'zoom' practice, (actually workouts, not football)... I can speak for only a handful. Another 70 or so for Western Colorado in zoom practice.. I can speak for only one.

Grandson in Kerman... and a handful of friends, (other players, mostly WR's), have gotten into the best shape of their lives.

Oldest grandson still 'committed' to Western Colorado although things are up in the air... best shape of his life right now.

While both, and their friends, have never really been 'out of shape', (what athlete is at that age?), this is an entirely new level. And it happened on an 'individual' basis in combination with "Zoom" workouts.

Zoom, in case you don't know, (I didn't), is a group online meeting... being used right now for online school classes AND team workouts.

But they have nothing on me. laughing smiley Just completed 4 months of walking on my treadmill having missed only 5 days in those 4 months. Am I in shape? Well, no.. but I'm a hell of a lot closer than I was 4 months ago.

Been a little disappointed in myself, (maybe a lot), in that by now I expected to be out running 3 to 5 miles a day. I'm not... I'm walking 3 to 5, briskly, but still a 'walk'. I have a good excuse, however... it's been a scorcher this summer... NO WAY could I be out running in this heat.... so a 'new' goal...

When it cools off.. probably Nov., maybe THEN I'll venture outdoors and maybe, just maybe, run? A man can dream. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Virtual "Zoom" football practice benefit?

JamesJM184August 24, 2020 11:56AM