July 29, 2020 01:57PM
There's a line in the Movie "Silverado" in which the character played by Kevin Klein says something about stinky saloons being the only place he's really happy. That's sort of the feeling I have regarding Horse Racing Tracks... although they certainly aren't the only place I'm happy. laughing smiley

Never been to one I didn't like... the looks, the atmosphere, the smells... everything about them. BUT.. I haven't really been to all that many. Maybe a half dozen, perhaps a couple more than that. I have NEVER been to Santa Anita. I rode around Churchill Downs but didn't go in so that doesn't count.

And some of the ones I went to no longer exist. I'm not even sure how many still exist in the USA... I don't think many, I could be wrong.

I don't have a favorite because, like I said, I loved them all. Nothing quite like a day at the track. I used to LOVE getting the racing form and then applying my expertise to the stats to pick my choices..... and I should note that I had no expertise at all. Didn't matter. It was FUN.

Had some friends who owned race horses so a few times I got to help out... back in the stables. Interesting people. Very different... they live very much in 'their own little world'. Here's an insider tip.... those in the 'know' regarding horse racing, (unlike me with no expertise), actually aren't 'in the know' either... they're no better than us... "I like the one with two white socks". laughing smiley

So a perfect day - at the track, at least some cash on hand, a beer or 5, watching the odds board, rating the bugler, bragging about betting the favorite to show and winning, yes siree... my kind of life. - jamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Waterfield brought this to mind - Horse Racing Tracks....

JamesJM270July 29, 2020 01:57PM

Re: Waterfield brought this to mind - Horse Racing Tracks....

waterfield160July 29, 2020 02:56PM

I can honestly say about horse racing that...

JamesJM153July 29, 2020 09:05PM

Horse Racing Tracks....

SeattleRam140July 29, 2020 03:32PM

Re: Horse Racing Tracks....

Headslap75132July 29, 2020 05:46PM

Re: Horse Racing Tracks....

SeattleRam153July 29, 2020 06:14PM

I own "Let It Ride"....

JamesJM147July 29, 2020 09:16PM

Re: Waterfield brought this to mind - Horse Racing Tracks.... Attachments

AlbaNY_Ram168July 30, 2020 05:16AM