February 13, 2020 09:59AM
you have to be able to relate with people...all people. Those with $ to blow and those who are tight with $'s. You have to smile and say thanks when a guy gives you 25 cents....You have to have a sense of how a person is feeling, go up to a guy who's not into help he can be very mean, even degrading and you have to smile and say yes sir.

You can get into situations that just are so out there.....Was working an early shift 1 day (6 am-3 pm). Got a call out from the front desk to get the luggage from a room, they're leaving. Took the master key (they were supposed to be getting a early breakfast), went to the designated room, knocked, no answer opened the door a woman and man started screaming, she was throwing shoes, he was throwing something...No time for apologizes...got the hell out...went trembling back to the front desk...said some choice words.

The operator was answering the switchboard ( I had to do run that at times....kinda fun)...room so and so was on ...I could hear the voices from across the counter....I decided to take things on myself....after about an hour I went to the restaurant....bought them a full breakfast and took it back to the room....They accepted my gift all went well....They even waved and smiled at me when I loaded them up in the lot.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Growing up my real job was a bellhop.....

roman18320February 13, 2020 08:39AM

That was great...

JamesJM101February 13, 2020 08:49AM

What's great about these type things....

roman18159February 13, 2020 09:04AM

I believe you are the first bellhop I've ever known...

JamesJM97February 13, 2020 09:25AM

I'll say this ....

roman1882February 13, 2020 09:59AM